Sunday, August 4, 2013

Adventures in Stamping Sunday Challenge

Sunday's challenge for the Facebook group Adventures in Stamping is to use a plate ending in 8.

I wanted to try stamping over a textured polish.  I started off with Zoya Godiva which is from the PixieDust collection.

Zoya describes Godiva as a soft nude with a sugared sparkle with a matte finish.

The formula was nice and smooth, and the bottle has a nice sized brush.   I did dry quickly but keep in mind it can still dent.
 This is pretty sheer  I needed 3 coats to cover the nail lines.
 Usually I would add a top coat prior to stamping just in case I messed up the design.  Since I wanted to keep the textured look I went straight to stamping, annnd it didn't work.  I used KC black and the cheeky plate 8.
 For whatever reason the design wasn't staying on the nail so I broke out with Mundo de Unas teal polish and that worked great.  I didn't like the finished look so I went ahead and used top coat.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment