Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Untried Tuesday - Illamasqua Viridian

 How Illamasqua Viridian has remained in the untried list for this long is beyond me.   So I dusted it off to be used in a stripped mani.
 For the base I went with another untried from China Glaze, this is from the 2012 Holiday Joy Collection.
 The formula is thin so multiple coats would be needed, I opted to use this over a coat of silver polish so that I would only need one coat.
 Once again I applied a coat of Gelous prior to using a top coat.  
 Prior to applying Viridian I added two stripes of tape to each nail.


Once the tape is in place, I applied Illamasqua Viridian. Illamasqua describes Viridian as a peacock green.  This is a metallic polish with blue/green shimmer.  It is very opaque, I only used one coat.  The formula was nice with no streaks.


I applied the polish one nail at a time and removed the tape while the polish is still wet.

 I did have issues with the first top coat I used, it smeared the pinkie.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment