Sunday, May 26, 2013

My First Jelly Sandwich using L'Oreal's Miss Pixie and Dollish Pollish's Rolling on the River

I've been seeing so many pretty jelly sandwiches out there so I decided to give it a try.  For those who don't know what a jelly sandwich is, it is a glitter polish sandwiched between coats of a gelly polish.  So I'm breaking out two untried for this one.

First I'm starting off with my recent Rite Aid find of L'Oreal Miss Pixie, its part of a limited edition collection called Miss Candy.
Miss Pixie is a royal blue, being a gelly polish it is sheer.  The formula was great each coat smooth and self leveling, it dried quickly, and had a nice brush.  On the down side it has a strong odor.
 This is four coats and there is still visible nail lines.
 You can see how shiny this dries to(no top coat used)
 Next comes the glitter polish


 So many different shapes of blue and turquoise glitter.
This is one coat over Miss Pixie, the glitter dispersed evenly thru out the nail.
 Added one more coat of Miss Pixie and here is the finished look.

 Very squishy

So what is your favorite jelly sandwich recipe??

No comments:

Post a Comment